The Hammam al-Ein, located in the Old City of Jerusalem was built by the Mamluk ruler, Saif Al-Din Al-Nasiry, circa 1336. What is left of this hammam (bathhouse) is the room that was used to heat the water and store commodities. Recently, the settler organization Ateret Cohanim built a synagogue beside the internal walls of the hammam. The construction is upsetting the delicate relationship between the Islamic Waqf and Israel, and the daily routines of the Muslim residents living nearby.
Hebrew and Arabic subtitles are available for download only in DVD format.
DAFilms.com is powered by Doc Alliance, a creative partnership of 7 key European documentary film festivals. Our aim is to advance the documentary genre, support its diversity and promote quality creative documentary films.